26 February 2008

Food - KK Food trail Part 1

Hmm... greetings.
I've been missing in action from this blog for some time. So I've decided to share some nice nice foods I've tasted lately @ Kota Kinabalu (KK), Sabah. ^-^
First up:
KK's Koh Loh Mien (Dry Noodle) found at Kedai Kopi Sin Hong Kee. The shop is located the same row as King Park Hotel (opposite KK's immigration building, Wisma Dang Bandang). From what i understand, there were many version of dry noodle to be found in KK. This version of dry noodle's main attraction is the seafood soup which consist of fresh fish meat, fishballs, fried and non fried fish cakes, fish stomach, tofu, and some other fish intestine tat i cant recognise :p The soup base is Sechuan vege which blends perfectly with the seafood ingredients.
Price: RM8 per plate. (food price in KK is slightly higher than in the Peninsular) But it's something to try if you are here :)


Secondly:
Loh Mien (Stewed/Braised noodle) available at Fatt Kee Restaurant. It's in the middle of KK city, look for Kinabalu Daya Hotel. Fatt Kee is at the same row (end) below a hotel called Ang Hotel. This particular Loh Mien is very special. The noodle is stewed in white gravy where typical Loh Mien is stewed in black gravy. But most importantly, it tasts good! With some deep fried pork fats springkled on the noodle, the taste is just heavenly.
Price: RM8 (expensive? get used to it)
Third:
Nasi Lemak at Kah Soh restaurant. It's very near to Fatt Kee Rest. Just behind the next row. I personally love this nasi lemak coz the sambal is just sweeeeeeet! ^-^ I cant resist sweet sambal. They are just good :p The coconut milk rice is soft and smells good and they give alot alot alot of fried anchovies!!! Also a half cut hard boiled egg and sliced cucumber tat u can ask for any amount. I'm drooling now as I'm writing this. Maybe tonight I shall make a trip down town and have the tasty nasi lemak again ^-^
Price: RM1.50 for normal dish (finally!!!! something cheap in KK!!!), RM3.50 with a fried chicken
I think that is all for now. I've got some nice nice seafood to share with all. But give me some time lah. Kinda bz with work and travel lately ;)
Eddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet sambal......=.=" kinda weird...
why not spicy?! :P

Anonymous said...

i like sweet sambal! :p
spicy sambal not nice
^-^v

Anonymous said...

Yaya, we're sweet sambal supporter!
I also miss the sweet sambal in my hometown. The nasi lemak in oldtown kopitiam also sweet one.